Saturday, January 10, 2009

Limit, One Streak Per Household

It's friday night, and I'm on the couch while my sick husband is out running. I'm taking the day off. It has been about 30 days since my last day off and over the last few I've started to drag. A couple of years ago I got to just over 100 days in a row. I didn't really mean to, it just sort of happened that I was getting near to 100 so I thought I'd go beyond it. When I hit about 103 or so, I said to myself that I needed to end this little streak (small s) before things got out of hand and it became a Streak (capital S).

Don't get me wrong, I am in awe of what it takes for Derrick to keep his alive as long as he has (19 years and counting), especially since I get to witness how daunting some of those days are. I know in racing that a DNF hurts so much worse than some temporary discomfort, so I try to relate to his choice on that level.

Maybe I'll start a non-running days streak over the weekend for some extra recovery. Not sure how I feel about that, we'll see what happens.

No comments: